After a three-year break, the well-known pasture “Erentrudisalm” is finally welcoming guests again. Known for its unmistakable location and the fantastic view over the city, it is a popular and unique destination for many Salzburg residents. Whether mild spring, shimmering summer, golden autumn or snowy winter, whether on foot, by bike or rather by car, young or old, everyone is happy to come here.
The traditional pasture is especially popular with children because of the huge adventure playground behind the house, as well as the game enclosure. Adults appreciate the fantastic view combined with delicious hearty food and very friendly service. In winter the hills are perfect for sledding and for first attempts at skiing.
Erentrudisalm can be reached from the Glasenbachklamm. From the parking lot in front of the gorge (or if you want to take a shortcut, take the next parking lot on Lohhäuselweg), you first go through the forest towards Gfalls, then over alpine meadows with views to the fortress Hohensalzburg towards the Erentrudisalm, where you can take a well-deserved break.
You either go back the same way, the circular route from Erentrudis or optionally a circular route that leads back over the Fageralm through the gorge to the parking lot. This path is narrower and requires a little more surefootedness. We really recommend the beautiful and eventful hike to you. The Erentrudisalm is also a great starting point for hikes to the “Trockenen Klammen” or to the “Mühlsteinwand”.
Current Corona situation: The inn might be closed due to current pandemy measurements. Latest information can be found here: https://erentrudisalm.at/ .
At a glance:
- Type: Circular hiking trail
- Start : Glasenbachklamm car park
- Length : approx. 6.5 km
- Duration : approx. 3-4 hours depending on how long you stay at the pasture.
- Altitude difference : approx. 410 m
- Suitable for strollers: no
- Difficulty : medium
- Catering: Both the Erentrudisalm and the Fageralm offer great regional austrian cuisine.
- Tip: Plan enough time for the playground
- Excursion combination : You can also combine the hike with the Glasenbachklamm. A delightful and refreshing excursion destination for all amateur archaeologist, especially in summer.